Brief introduction of Prof. Dr. A. M. M. Shariful Alam
Education & Post Graduate degrees : M.B.B.S,D.I.H, F.C.P.S,F.I.C.S(USA)
Specialization : Radiotherapy
Brief Working Experience : Prof.(Dr.) A.M.M.Shariful Alam was born in the year 1953 and educated at Kishoreganj Govt. Boys’ High School & Kishoreganj Govt. Gurudayal College of Bangladesh. He graduated with Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery(MBBS) from Mymensingh Medical College (D.U) in 1979. He obtained Post Graduate Diploma in Industrial Health (DIH) in 1982 from National Institute of Preventive & Social Medicine (NIPSOM), Dhaka, Bangladesh and also obtained Fellowship in Radiotherapy (FCPS) from the Bangladesh College of Physicians and Surgeons (BCPS), Bangladesh in 1988. He was also offered honorary Fellowship (FICS) from the International College of Surgeons, USA in the year 2000.
He has been working as Radiation Oncologist in different capacities of different Medical College Hospitals & National Institute of Cancer Research & Hospital of Bangladesh since 1988. He worked as Director & Professor of Radiation Oncology at National Institute of Cancer Research & Hospital, Dhaka, Bangladesh from January’2002 to February’2009.
He is a well reputed & renowned oncologist of the country. He is an Examiner of the Post Graduate courses in Radiation Oncology (eg. F.C.P.S, M.D, M.Phil) of different Universities of the country. He has published and presented over 93 papers and abstracts in different National & International Journals & seminars.
Training(Home & Abroad) : After Post Graduation, Dr. Alam received training in Clinical Oncology & Radiation Oncology at National Cancer Centre(NCC), Tokyo, Japan & Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney, Australia. He also received training in Palliative Care from King’s College, London(U.K).
- Local Organizaion :
- Oncology Club
- Bangladesh Cancer Society(BCS)
- Bangladesh Society of Radiation Oncologists (BSRO).
- Foreign Organization :
- American Association for Cancer Research (AACR),
- European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO),
- British Institute of Radiology (BIR),
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO),
- European Association for Palliative Care (EAPC),
- Pain and Palliative Care Society, India (PPCC),
- International Association For the Study of Pain (IASP),
- American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology (ASTRO) and
- Asian Clinical Oncology Society (ACOS).