Prof.Dr. Qamruzzaman Chowdhury is presently working as Managing Director & Head. Dept. of Radiation Oncology Ahsanian Mission Cancer & General Hospital, Uttara. He is a medical graduate from Sir Salimullah Medical college and Mitford Hospital, Dhaka, obtained Diploma In Medical Radiotherapy (DMRT) from University of Dhaka and FCPS In Radiation Oncology from Bangladesh College of Physicians and Surgeons, Bangladesh professor Chowdhury exploring the field of Oncology for more than twenty years, in this dynamic period of his career he served patient from different position as Registrar, Assistant professor, and professor. He worked as a Professor & Head of Radiation Depart met in National Institute of Cancer Research & Hospital, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- He also worked as Consultant of Square Oncology and Radiotherapy Center, Square Hospital LTD. for nine years and Responsible for the established of Square Oncology & Radiotherapy Center. He has obtained advanced training from different renowned hospitals like Texas MD Anderson Center Center. USA; National Cencer Research Institute, India;King Chulalongkorm Memorial Hospital, Thailand etc.
- Trained in Medical Oncology, MD Anderson Cencer Center, Huston Texas, USA.
- Fellowship trainining in IMRT & IGRT, Bangkok, Thailand.
- IAEA Fellowship training on 3D conformal Radiotherapy, Osaka, Japan.
- Participate cvery year- San Antenio Breast Conference, ASTRO, World Conferance of Lung Cancern(WCLC), Asia Pacific Cancer Conference etc.
- Organizing Chairmen of two international conference in Bangladesh; Dhaka Head & Neck Cancer Conference and Bangladesh Breast Cancer Conference.
- Palliative Care
- Radiation Therapy (IMRT, 3DCRT)
His Previous Experience:
- Professor & Departmental Head – National Institute of Cancer Research & Hospital.
- Responsible for the establishment of Square Oncology & Radiotherapy Center- Starting of Chemotherapy Day care Centre - Commencing Radiotherapy Machines on January 2010.
His Special Achievement :
- Organizer of two international conference in Bangladesh
- Dhaka Head & Neck Cancer Conference
- Bangladesh Breast Cancer Conference.
- World Lung Cancer (IALC) Travel awards.